Terms and Conditions – Festive Lights Competition
Terms and Conditions – Festive Lights Competition
- This competition (Competition) is conducted in New Zealand by Graham McIntyre of Mike Pero Real Estate Kumeū of 327 Main Road, Kumeū, 0810, (Tel: 027 632 0421) (Promoter).
- This Competition commences on Wednesday 1 November 2023 and closes at midnight on Thursday 14 December 2023 (NZST) (Competition Period).
- This Competition is open to individuals who:
- are New Zealand residents;
- are aged 18 years or older;
- have not breached these Terms and Conditions
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related entities, or of any other organisation associated with this Competition (for example, prize suppliers associated with this Competition) are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin. Related entity means related within the meaning of the Companies Act 1993.
How to Enter
- To enter, individuals must do all the following:
- Register your participation in the Competition by filling in the form via the QR code, including your name, address and email address;
- Create your festive lights display on your property; and
- Share a photo of your festive lights display at your registered address with the Promoter via email or post on the Mike Pero Real Estate Kumeu Facebook page.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- All entries must be submitted by a natural person and automated entries, unauthorized entries or entries by persons using an alias are invalid.
Prize Draw and Winner Notification
- On Friday 15 December 2023, the Promoter will announce the six winners.
- The six winners will be selected by the Promoters and it’s judges from entries received prior to midnight on Thursday 14 December 2023.
- The Promoter shall notify each winners either via email or Facebook message, and publish the name of each of the winners on the Promoter’s Facebook page.
- If a winner has not accepted the prize by 5:00pm on the last business day of the following week in which the winner was announced, the prize is forfeited, and a new winner will be selected and contacted as per clause 10 (above).
- The prizes are 3x $100 Mitre10 Mega vouchers and 3x $100 Aussie Butcher vouchers (six prizes in total).
- Each winner will receive one of the vouchers (as specified in the clause above) at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The prize (or any unused portion of the prize) is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prize must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
- The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize to the equal value and/or specification if the prize is unavailable, or subject to any requests from a regulatory authority.
- The winner is responsible for understanding and complying with their taxation obligations in relation to the prize.
- By entering this Competition, entrants agree they will take all reasonable steps requested by the Promoter to enable delivery of the prize.
- Entrants and each winner consent to the Promoter, Mike Pero (New Zealand) Ltd and its related entities using their information for the following purposes in addition to conduct of the competition:
- Promotion of their products and services, and any products or services that they distribute; and
- Conducting research, and planning or developing product and marketing strategies.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter and Mike Pero (New Zealand) Ltd and its related entities using their name, and image (including photograph) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and Mike Pero (New Zealand) Ltd and its related companies.
- Participation in this Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of an entrant’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has awarded a Prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of a Prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter can be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- By participating in this Competition, entrants:
i. Agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Facebook from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action, losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to:
- their participation in the Competition, or
- their participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s); and
ii. Acknowledge that this Competition and associated promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation technical failure, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other matter beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or the reputation of this Competition or that of the Promoter, the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including their eligibility to enter) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who interferes improperly in the administration, integrity or conduct of the Competition or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees provided by law.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of participation in the Competition including without limitation:
i. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
ii. any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
iii. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
iv. any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant; or
v. acceptance or use of a prize.
- The laws of New Zealand apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- The Promoter’s decisions in relation to this Competition are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation to any aspect of this Competition.
- For any further information relating to this Competition please contact the Promoter: Graham McIntyre, Mike Pero Real Estate Kumeū, 327 Main Road, Kumeū, 0810, (Tel: 027 632 0421)