Mike Pero Real Estate Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, our website and our application, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, your name, address, phone number and email address are all personal information.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website or use our services or application you may provide us with different types of information:
- Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis
- Website and application use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website and use our application.
Personal information you choose to provide:
You will be asked to provide us with information about yourself, your firm or company, when you are listing your property. You will also be asked to show us your identification which will we store securely in our cloud-based AML Hub and details proving your residential address. These requirements are in line with the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 and the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009 and will only be used for those purposes.
You will be asked to provide us with information about yourself, your firm or company, when you register for certain services, such as email newsletters, event registrations, and alerts. You may also provide additional comments on how you see Mike Pero Real Estate servicing your needs and interests.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
Website use information:
The website may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the website, and understanding how visitors use the website. Cookies can also help customize the website for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. However, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information you provide to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Listing and selling your property.
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website and/or app, according to your interests
- We may use the information to let you know about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
Distribution of information
Mike Pero Real Estate Limited may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
We treat your data with great sensitivity as we know how important that information is to you. We only use this data to deliver your content to the people or places you tell us to send it to. The only exceptions are:
- Where we are legally required to share your information. For example, if we are ordered to do so by the Police or another Government agency under applicable laws or in response to a court order.
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a threat to someone’s life or health or for reasons of public safety in line with our legal obligations
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
We store most of your personal information on our own servers here in New Zealand and Australia. From time to time we may need to store personal information in the cloud (online). This may involve storage in data centres outside New Zealand. We take care to carefully select data centre and storage service providers whom we trust with your information.
We work hard and follow industry best practice to ensure the information we hold is secure.
If we become aware of a data breach that we think could compromise your security, we will tell you as soon as we can. We may also report the breach publicly, if we consider it appropriate to do so or if we’re required to by law.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can request access to, and correction of, the personal information we hold about you. To do so, you may either:
- Send a letter to The Privacy Officer, Mike Pero Real Estate Ltd, PO Box 29-530, Christchurch 8051
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before processing your request, we will contact you to verify your identity, confirm your request and advise of any charges that may apply. Occasionally, we may withhold information on one of the grounds set out in the Privacy Act 2020.
Feedback and complaints
We have robust processes to manage the personal information that we hold about you. If you have any concerns or feel your privacy has been compromised in any way, please let us know.
The Mike Pero Privacy Complaints Process will ensure your concerns are addressed as quickly as possible. View Mike Pero Privacy Complaints Process.
To request further investigation, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner at any point during or after having lodged a complaint with us. Go to the Privacy Commission’s website
If you have general feedback or questions about this policy, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Email email@example.com
If anything in this policy needs clarifying, or if you have questions about your privacy, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Mike Pero Real Estate Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.