Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, your name, address, phone number and email address.
What information do we collect?
When you use our Services, you may provide us with:
- personal information you choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis
- website and application use information that is collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website and use our applications.
We may be legally required to collect your personal information
How long do we store your personal information?
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or for the purpose of discharging our obligations under relevant applicable legislation.
Personal information you choose to provide
You will be asked to provide us with information about yourself (including your residential address), your firm or company when you are listing your property with MPRE. You will also be asked to provide us with identification documents which we will store securely in our cloud-based system. The information we collect is in accordance with the requirements outlined in the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 and the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
You will be asked to provide us with information about yourself, your firm or company when you register for marketing communications including email newsletters, event registrations, and property alerts. You may also be asked to provide additional information and commentary on how MPRE can better service your needs and interests.
If you choose to correspond with MPRE via email, we may also retain the contents of your email messages, your email address and any responses sent from MPRE.
Website use information
We may use cookie and tracking technology (Cookies) depending on the features offered on the Services. Cookies are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the MPRE website, and understanding how visitors use the MPRE website. Cookies can also help us customise our Services for users. We do not collect personal information via Cookies, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, Cookies may be tied to such information. Cookies may be shared with third parties including search engines and social media platforms.
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information you provide us to better understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- listing and selling your property
- internal record keeping
- improvement of products and services
- to send marketing communications, including promotional emails, about new products, services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the contact details you have provided
- from time to time, for market research purposes using contact details you provided
- to customise the website and/or app, according to your interests.
Distribution of information
MPRE may share information with related companies and with third parties with whom we have a business relationship with. We may also share information with law enforcement, courts or tribunals, governmental agencies, regulators or other entities when:
- we are permitted or required by law to do so
- necessary to protect against or prevent fraud or unauthorised transactions
- we have reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a threat to someone’s life or health or for reasons of public safety in line with our legal obligations, or
- we are investigating actual or potential fraud which has already taken place.
Commitment to Data Security
We keep your personally information secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this personal information.
You can choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our email communication to you.
This may involve storage in data centres outside New Zealand.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can request access to, and correction of, the personal information we hold about you. To do so, you may either:
- send a letter to The Privacy Officer, Mike Pero Real Estate Ltd, , or
- by email at email@example.com
Before processing your request, we will contact you to verify your identity, confirm your request and advise of any charges that may apply. Occasionally, we may withhold information on the grounds set out in the Privacy Act 2020.
Feedback and complaints
We have robust processes to manage the personal information that we hold about you. If you have any concerns or feel your privacy has been compromised in any way, please let us know.
Our Privacy Complaints Process can be viewed here and outlines how we will deal with a privacy complaint.
To request further investigation or if you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (OPC). You can visit the OPC website here.
If you have general feedback or questions about this policy, or would like further clarification about this policy, please do not hesitate to reach out to us using the contact details above.
Please note MPRE may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.